Monday, July 25, 2016

Families can be together forever

Today, I just wanted to express my gratitude for the plan and opportunity given to each of us, to be with our families forever. This upcoming week, I will be able to witness the baptism of one of our investigators, Brother Rolando Ibadaloza. He is honestly amazing. He'd been taught by the missionaries before, but never felt inspired to REALLY learn and accept the gospel for himself until now. He'd been a heavy smoker, and would drink alcohol and coffee almost daily before...but since we'd started teaching him, his ability to give up his addictions doubled because of his faith and motivation to be with his family forever, even after death. He has been interviewed, and has been found worthy to be baptized, and will be, along with his grandchildren, on the 30th! 

I believe in "FOREVER" and I know that Heavenly Father wouldn't send us to learn to love and grow relationships with people that only have temporary importance. It is one of the most beautiful aspects of this gospel, that we can be with the people we love the most for infinity. And that even if we don't feel like we belong to our families, we are all part of Heavenly Father's family, and He loves us MORE than we even deserve. I don't think we gain His love...because if we could gain it, that would mean we could lose it. I believe that He loves us unconditionally, fully knowledgeable of all our flaws, weaknesses, and mistakes. It's the adversary that screams that God doesn't care, that no one listens to our prayers, and that we're alone...but I hope that you never fall for that sad lie. You are known and loved individually by our Heavenly Father, and there is no one in this world who could understand your struggles more than His Son, Jesus Christ. Our purpose in this life is to listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and make our way back to Them. 

Some have forgotten this purpose, and have forgotten the importance of our Heavenly Home. But don't allow the distance and the short time away to sway you off the path back to them. The path is simple, but not easy to follow. Don't be distracted by the temptations of the world. He only asks us to do little things, but those little steps lead us to where we will spend the rest of eternity.  

Being away from my earthly home (aka good ol' california) has proven to me that time and space really cannot overpower love. It only adds to it! SO, YOU LUCKY DUCKS, TELL YOUR FAMILY YOU LOVE THEM EVERY SINGLE DAY! Pray for each of them by name, and seek to know them personally, and to serve them without murmuring. If there is anything I could ever do to serve you, please don't hesitate to ask. I miss you all more every passing day, especially my family, but as the saying goes, "A missionary is someone who leaves their family for a short time, so that others may be with their families for ETERNITY". I am so blessed to be able to witness the Ibadaloza family grow one step closer to being a forever family!

I'm grateful for what I've learned from each of you, and the opportunity I've had to apply those teachings out here with those I've associated with. I'm grateful for the Holy Spirit and the comfort I know it can provide to those who seek His presence. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve the people here in the Phils! The people I serve and the missionaries I serve with have def become additions to my family. I love you all, and I hope you continue to see the blessings of building family relationships! 

No comments:

Post a Comment