Monday, July 11, 2016

Smiles on high

It's been a week of miracles, Mahallies. 
A typhoon has been headed towards Taiwan, but despite the increase in rain, the smiles haven't stopped shinning! 😁

I really can't contain myself, so I'm just gonna tell you the best news first! MY LITTLE SISTER IS GOING ON A MISSION TO SERVE THE LORD. 

Sabrina Calica has been CALLED TO SERVE in the NORTH DAKOTA BISMARCK MISSION!👏👌👍🙌🙆👼 

I'd been waiting all week to watch the video of her opening her mission call, and honestly it was torture to wait! Even some of my friends out here in the Philippines found out where she was serving before me...and as soon as she showed me the video this morning, I broke down in tears (side note- don't do this in a public computer shop, it makes you look crazy) because I AM SO PROUD OF HER! I'm sitting her gushing with gratitude and appreciation for her courage to serve! ahahaha so all of you should go congratulate the NEW (and def. improved) SISTER CALICA 2.O
WATCH OUT BISMARCK NORTH DAKOTA! TONS OF BLESSINGS ARE HEADED YOUR WAY. 

In other news, remember that baptism of Maria and Nina that didn't go through? We'd been continuing our lessons with them, in hope for a change...and just this week, they got interviewed for baptism and are scheduled to enter into the water this upcoming Saturday, the 16th! My companion and I were beaming from ear to ear, and our investigators, Maria and Nina, are so excited! They bore their testimonies to me and my companion yesterday, and I felt the sweetest spirit as I listened to them. They are so young, but their love of the gospel is so pure. Haha, Maria even told us that she'd already started to save up for her mission (she literally counted and made sure by age 19, she'd have like a million pesos so nothing could keep her from serving)! 

This week, I also met our new mission president & his wife, President and Sister Spiers. As he and his wife bore their testimonies to all the missionaries, something he said really stood out to me: "Eventually, we all have to question if our service was acceptable to the Lord". This statement doesn't just apply to missionaries, but to all of you as well. At the end of your lives, you have to question if the choices you made and the way you treated people were up to the standard He would have for you.So this last week, I'd been trying, at the end of every day, to pray and tell Heavenly Father of my day, and ask him if my work was acceptable. I invite you all to try asking Him for yourselves. For me, the answer was made known almost immediately - if you feel any ounce of shame or timidness while doing so, changes need to be made now. But that's why we have to do it everyday! To acknowledge that there is still room for growth. Prayer was never meant to be one way - it's supposed to be a conversation. So don't rush the spirit. Ask questions, not just for blessings, and then wait for answers. Because answers will come. Maybe not immediately, maybe not while you're down on your knees and feel you need it most - but in His time.

It may be discouraging to see that, despite our best efforts, we still feel unworthy or imperfect. But mistakes are no reason to stop trying. The best life we all knew never stopped. Despite the temptations and trials that came His way, He never stopped pushing forward.
"He was willing to live every day without making a single sin". Jesus Christ, our Brother and Savior, made it very clear that with God, anything is possible. So push to be more like Him, and love Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father enough to try our best and stay away from sin. The speed doesn't matter - so don't compare. We're all different, and comparison is the thief of joy. But do push forward in the right direction, because eventually, even if it's by baby steps, you'll get there with His help. 

I have such a tremendous love for this gospel and the opportunity to be called to share it. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible work hand in hand, and are the word of God. These sacred accounts have been written for our day, and the messages within can still be applied to our daily lives. I know that these books are like maps to guide us through the maze of life. I know that the Spirit is strong and will enter into your hearts if you allow it to do so, that Jesus Christ is our loving and has experienced all of our pains, and that Heavenly Father loves us unconditionally and knows what we need more than we do for ourselves. 

Thank you for allowing me to share my testimony with you of these sacred teachings I hold so dear to my heart. I appreciate and love you, and leave these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Inline image 1

Here's a picture of me and my buds (Sister McBride, Elder Cook, Elder FanguFangu) with our new Mission President, Sister Beltran (My current comp.) and Sister McBride, The streets of San Pedro, and A PICTURE OF YOUR TWO (favorite) MISSIONARIES: Sister Calica #1 and Sister Calica 2.0!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment