Monday, May 16, 2016

Love from the Phils

SALUTATIONS MAHALLIES. 

This week, I got a NEW SENIOR COMPANION! Her name is Sister Beltran. She's from Davao and her birthday's tomorrow! She'll be turning 24, and she doesn't know it yet, but we're totally having a pancit party ahahaha. I am so grateful for her. We've been walking in circles for the last 6 days, because our area is HUGE and she hasn't complained once! We've been getting along super well, and even though it's been less than a week, I've learned so much from her about obedience, kindness, and diligence! 

I feel like I've met more people in my ward in the last 6 days than in the last 6 weeks, but I'm so grateful for all those I've met, especially the members, because of the love and support they've shown us. 

This week I learned about the beauty of allowing Heavenly Father to mold us. We all have dreams and goals. We all have people we look up to, people we aspire to be like. But one of the lessons I've learned as I've been out here is that as we are happiest when we align our will with our Savior's. As we serve our Lord, He will use every little bit of us. All of our flaws and imperfections. His grace is sufficient enough to accomplish His work with imperfect mortals. But in order to become what He would have us be, we have to do what He would have us do. 

Some spiritual insight I gained from I talk I read this week is about how we can always do more to grow closer to Heavenly Father.
We can always ask "Father, is there more?" More that I must do to become more like Thee? More that I have neglected to let go off? More that is in the way of my spiritual growth or keeping me from Thee? 

I know that as we strive to break down the wall between us and Our Heavenly Father, Our Savior, and The Spirit we'll feel their presence and the blessings so much more in our lives! I've felt the power of prayer, and my testimony of Heavenly Father's love has grown. 

For all the future missionaries out there, come as you are, because the Lord qualifies those He calls...but be prepared to leave who you were behind. 


I love you guys, and I hope you continue to push forward in faith!

Kitakits & Ingat Lagi!

- Sister Calica

No comments:

Post a Comment