Monday, May 23, 2016

Let the Holy Spirit guide

So each week, I really do pray in hopes that I might have something meaningful to share with you. This week, I had the strong impression to talk about following the promptings of the spirit. 

It's been a week of ups and downs for me, personally. I'm on my sixth month in the Phils, 7th including MTC training, and I feel like the time is moving so fast. TOO FAST.  I've been reflecting on the amount I expected myself to grow by this phase in my mission, and was disappointed at the fact that I hadn't become as fluent as I hoped or as skilled in teaching as I'd like. It's a little difficult to sit in lessons and not be able to express myself the way I'd like, because all I want to do is help these people with the gospel and yet I feel so limited. Then the thought would pop into my mind "if only I were english speaking. I COULD DO SO MUCH MORE TO HELP! AND I'D BE SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE!" 

As I struggled to fight off the cloud of discouragement, I found comfort in the thought that I was called, by Heavenly Father, to serve here, in the Philippines Cavite Mission. He qualifies those He calls. And He knew that this is where He could use me to the best of my ability. And if Heavenly Father knew I could do it...then the question isn't "Can I learn this language?". The question is "Do I trust Heavenly Father enough to know that He knows what's best for me?...and if He knows I can, then I CAN."  

We are always going to have obstacles. But faith isn't just waiting patiently for something to happen...it's about what you do while you wait. Even on the days when there seems to be more inadequacies than we can count, find comfort in the fact that our Savior, Jesus Christ, is perfect, and by following His example, we can find the comfort and fulfillment we've been seeking. If you get a prompting, don't hesitate! We always give ourselves reasons why we CAN'T do what Heavenly Father has asked...but if you think about it, what do you really have to lose? If you follow His prompting and nothing happens...perhaps it was just a test to see if you'd follow His command. Bit by bit, you gain His confidence and trust. But if something DOES happen, how much more joy you will gain for follow the stilll, small voice of the Holy Spirit. 

I know that Heavenly Father has prepared people for each of us to impact, to help, and to love! So say a sincere prayer, and ask Him what you can do for those around you, because there's always more that we can do! Heavenly Father lives and loves us. Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and our Redeemer. The Spirit will speak to you loud and clear, if you're willing to listen. Let the Holy Spirit guide you to do something a little better today (: This is my prayer for you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 



Inline image 1



1: With the ROCO FAMILY! (the family who had their house burn down). They've found a new place to live and are happy and healthy! (:
2: Celebrating Sister Beltran's (my 5th companion) 24th birthday! 
3: ITS POURING BLESSINGS OUT HERE IN THE PHILS. I couldn't be happier for the rain!  

No comments:

Post a Comment