Thursday, November 26, 2015

LANDED.

Kamusta everyone 💟

Just wanted to let you all know that I arrived safely in manila last night! The 20 hour plane ride was killer, but I am SO happy to be here. I've literally been in this country for less than a day, and have already made a billion new friends. EVERYONE at this MTC is so kind and welcoming! Hahaha i feel like I'm famous half the time because so many of them come up to meet me! AGH but i can feel the love so strongly here. They all think I'm half filipino...so maybe I'll just go with that and then they won't expect me to learn tagalog as quickly LOLOL 

Interesting sightings thus far: 6+ dinner table chairs were stacked on top of some type of flat piece of wood and was somehow made into a vehicle, which was being driven on the freeway LOL. Their Christmas lights are up and ready and THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! the people here go waaaay out in decorating so it beats out any of the american christmas trees i've seen. A cockroach the size of the palm of my hand greeted me in the toilet when i first got to my room. but my favorite part was the Manila Temple. It's right across from the MTC and it was by far the most gorgeous temple ever. I'm going to go inside later on today for an endowment session with my district! THEY SERVED US FILIPINO FOOD FOR BREAKFAST and it isn't as hot here as i expected, just really humid. So yeah, when it comes to betting whether i'll pack on the pounds or lose weight out here...i'd def put down that i'm gonna gain major weight. dont worry though. I'll just get a worm or something before i go back, so i'll have a souvenir and a rockin' bod HAHAHAHA

I know i'm meant to be here. I think, of everyone, i was the most excited...mostly because I feel like I'm at home. I mean, there are a million new faces and places i've only seen over a computer screen...but being here just feels so right! So don't worry about me - I'm in God's hands. I'll be giving my all into this work, and I'm so grateful to serve. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving & that you'll be able to better see God's hands in your lives and the blessings He's given you. Being able to dedicate a year and a half to my God is the biggest blessing I could ever ask for, along with your support and love. Thank you for being amazing. I hope to hear from all of you soon, and can't wait to tell you all about my experiences out here! I'm gonna start knocking on doors tomorrow - ITS GETTING TOO REAL TO DEAL YALL. hahaha but until then, keep me in your prayers & i'll keep you in mine! I love you, happy thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment