Sunday, December 6, 2015

Hey whatsup hello from the PI

Hey Mahallies! So today marks my second week in the PI! I spent my first week in the Manila MTC and my second week out on the field! I'm basically a rare species out here lol everyone thinks im a mixed breed because I can't exactly speak the language but i look filipino so its just really fun to watch their confusion. I'm being eaten alive by bugs and roaches are a norm lol but i really dont care because i am having the time of my life!!!!

Manila MTC: 
I LOVED the Manila MTC. Honestly, it was pretty amazing how kind everyone was over there. I made more friends in a day there than i did the whole time i was at the Provo MTC. It was my last week with my district which was pretty depressing, but we made the most out of it! My companion, Sister Romrell, and I ended our companionship by giving out our first Book of Mormon at the immigration office! The woman we gave it to was just a few years older than us and was here studying for school - she was SO kind!  Saying goodbye to my district was so bittersweet. We sang our favorite hymns together and bore our testimonies and got blessings and UGH i know that they're going to be so so so amazing out on the field! I'm so excited for each of them *all the tears*

1st Week on the Field:
My new companion is UH-MAY-ZING. She and I get along super well - she's basically my soul sister & we got TWO baptismal goal dates set within our first week! I feel so blessed to be with her. I'm running low on time, but I just want you all to know how grateful I've been this week. Poverty is really overwhelming here. Some of the people I've seen don't have beds to sleep on. We were on our way to pick them up for church and one of our little investigators were out completely naked on their porch bathing using one bucket of water. Yet somehow, they still manage to smile and laugh even more than the people I've met in America. I've never met a more grateful people. They don't have very much, but they offer us everything they do have and that example of selflessness in itself makes my heart hurt.

I just want to say thank you to each of you for your prayers and your letters. I know i haven't had very much time to reply to everyone (my pdays are on mondays now aka sundays for everyone in the states) but im so thankful for the love and support i've felt from each and every one of you. You are all so, so amazing. The christmas season is coming, and I can't wait to hear all about your spiritual christmas experiences and all the love you show for each other! Thank you all for being a part of my life, you are so so so amazing.

There are some pictures attached that I haven't gotten to tell the background story of, but I'm going to send them anyways bc I figure when I get back I can tell you all about stories behind them! I love you all, please send pictures of your adventures back at home! I love seeing how you guys are growing. You're in my prayers, may God bless you always <3 













No comments:

Post a Comment