Sunday, December 4, 2016

#lighttheworld

Hey Mahallies!

To celebrate the (less than) 25 day countdown to Christmas, my companion and I have been taking part in the #lighttheworld 25 ways in 25 days challenge. Everyday until Christmas, we take part in some type of service that reflects the sacrifice and love Jesus Christ did during his time on Earth. It feel so amazing to serve, and be served, and as we do so, it makes us more aware of all that God has done and the many blessings he has given. I invite you all to join! (: there are videos everyday to support the service of the day, so feel free to look it up. It's worldwide - so any service you're doing, you're not doing alone! Millions of people are alongside you. 


We served at a less active member's house a few days ago, by helping them garden so that they could gain some extra income (being that their financial situation is very rough) and as we did, I noticed that in their house, which was made of tin and had no furniture, stood a makeshift tree made out of rolled up red paper and used bottle caps for ornaments. I couldn't help but compare it to the tree we put up yearly at home and stand amazed at all the blessings we constantly manage to overlook. I invite you to seek to give, instead of receive, this upcoming Christmas season. I promise that as you center your hearts on Christ and not on the worldly items of the world, we will better understand the REAL meaning of Christmas - we will understand that God, as a gift to us, sacrificed His Beloved Son, that all mankind might be saved.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know it to be true. I invite you to find out for yourself, by joining my sister and I in the challenge her mission in North Dakota gave, to read the Book of Mormon before Christmas, and pray to know it is true, as a gift to show our love for Christ. 

I love you all!

Sister Calica |

No comments:

Post a Comment