Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy :)

OKAY for all of you who want to know...SISTER CALICA 2.0 IS AT THE MTC and is doing amazing, and I'm gonna add a little pic at the bottom and a little throwback pic on my own because #MASAYA (HAPPY)
 
This week has been awesome! My companion, Sister Swanson, and I walk miles and miles and miles without rest, but it's 100% worth it. We've gotten to meet and teach tons of people, and their back story never ceases to amaze me.

There is one little old woman that was converted into the church for a little under a year now, and we go to visit her often, to offer service and share spiritual thoughts. What I love about missionary work is that it's all about LOVE and our message applies to everyone. This nanay was always so happy and preppy, until last thursday I'd never guess that she had such a tragic backstory. She got married at 13 and lost her 2 children and 19 year old husband in a bomb in incident, just 4 years after getting married. She spent the rest of her life studying and teaching in africa and america to try to forget them...but as she shared her experience with us, it was obvious that the pains were still fresh, as she couldn't finish due to tears.

I am grateful that I know that I know - and that she can find comfort in the fact that - life doesn't end here. Our souls are eternal, there is life after death, and we are meant to share that life with our families forever in the presence of God. I'm grateful for my family, and their love and support for me. I'm grateful for this gospel and for the chance I have to share it with the world. I hope that each of you may take the time and truly appreciate the message that God has been waiting to share with you! 

I love you all and hope the best for you always, 

Sister Calica 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment