Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

Merry CHRISTMAS Mahallies! 

So I'm so excited to tell you all about my Christmas week so far - it's been hilarious.
 
On tuesday, we caught a mouse in our apartment this week - thanks mom, those traps were finally put to good use. then on the 25th, we caught an even bigger RAT running around in our bathroom. Shoutout to my anak, because there is NO WAY I was gonna pick that thing up to throw it away.

Then on wednesday, my companions were having a nice meal at a bbq stand on beside an ukay-ukay...and ended up shoveling down a whole plate full of nice black ANT rice (you should've seen their faces when they realized - Sister St. Gelais literally sprayed it out and there were rice and ants flying everywhere HAHAHA PRICELESS). 

Thursday was the Christmas Party, and the whole Cavite mission met in one building to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! I was able to perform a song for everyone, called "Who could imagine a king". I finally saw my batch again, Elder Tedrow and Elder Cook, and it amazes me that a whole year had passed, and so many things have changed! I can't believe that this is my last Christmas on the field - it doesn't feel real. At the party, we had an exchange gift - i got a cool donut pillow - and received some gifts given by members, and I cannot express how EXTREMELY grateful I am for the support, love, and kindness of people who support the missionaries. It makes being away from home a little easier, to know that others appreciate our sacrifice. But more than that, it makes me even MORE grateful for the sacrifice that Heavenly Father made by giving us His Son. 

I'd love to hear if any of you have been participating in the 25 days of Christmas, or if you've done any service for anyone. 

On Christmas day, we taught a lesson to brother Jhun and gave 2 ties and a white polo. Then we went to Bishop's and had a 5 star dinner and watched the best 2 years. And at the end of the night we exchanged our Secret Santa gifts and Sister Table got me a super cool cultural figurine. I finally got to skype my family this morning at the Tiongson's house, and I can't wait to see my dear loved ones in 4 months. quote of the week? marriage advice from Brother Tiongson: "Three C's of relationships, don't compare, don't complain, don't criticize" 

 I'm still grateful to be out here!

I know this gospel to be true. I know that we are so blessed to have our Savior, Jesus Christ, and a perfect plan to return to our Heavenly Father. I hope that none of us forget the real reason we celebrate Christmas - to celebrate the miracle of an ever loving, ever merciful Lord, willing to sacrifice His all so that we could have it all. I'm so grateful for His teachings, and so blessed to share it with everyone I speak to. 

I'm grateful for each of you, and I pray that you seek to have the blessings of this true gospel for yourselves.My invitation for each of you is to read the Book of Mormon, and find out for yourself. Merry Christmas my loves!

- Sister Calica

No comments:

Post a Comment