Sunday, September 25, 2016

Family

Hey Mahallies! 

I didn't get to write you all last week, so this entry is going to include some insight from both this week and last.

We've been able to be part of 2 huge "Family Day" events - encouraging others to research and do work for their family trees and also to encourage love and unity in the home (and if you'd like to try it out, here's the website - familysearch.com ). My friend, Sister Alapa, and I were able to sing one of my favorite Primary songs to celebrate the event, called Families can be Together Forever.

At one of the events we had a parade, and as my companion and I marched with the banner, all the members behind us handed out pass along cards about families and about God's plan for them - it was exhilarating to watch as the kids raced to try to pass on this joyful message to everyone in sight. It made me think, how great would it be if people always acted with such enthusiasm to share the gospel and spread the truth! Let us stand tall and lovingly and respectfully share what we know to be true with all those around us. especially family. 

Some families are not as fortunate as our own. This week, My companion and I had a day full of dropped appointments this week, and decided to go to an area we hadn't planned for, to visit a family we hadn't planned to visit. When we walked in, we saw all the kids curled up against the wall, in rags, and eyes swollen from tears. We were shocked and asked what happened. They told us their mom and sister had gone missing for three days and their father left them at 12 am to go find them - it was around 4 pmwhen we arrived at their house, and they hadn't eaten for days. We said a prayer and got them food, and have been back to check on them every day...but what really hit me was the fact that most of us are not aware of the many blessings before us. We take it all for granted. Let us not focus on the things of the world - remember how blessed we are to have families that can support us when times get rough and a God that is so good to us. 

A house is not a home without family. Families create the perfect atmosphere to learn and grow together. But what I know without a doubt is that our families are not limited to just our living blood - it stretches out to all those who have sacrificed and labored before us - all of our ancestors. This is why it is so important to do family history work - because they are our angels! (I don't know if any of you have ever watched Cokeville Miracle, but it's a testimony to my words, and based on a true story, so you should def go watch it!) 

I know that family is ordained of God - and our families can last a lot longer than just here and now. We were meant to be together forever! 

I love you all and hope to hear from you soon (: 



No comments:

Post a Comment