Monday, June 13, 2016

Take the Time

So I wrote an email last week, but apparently no one got it....

awkward. 

Well, I'm sorry if I worried you, but I'm still alive guys! Which is a miracle enough in itself, because if you saw me last week, you'd think that you were watching a crazy episode of "survivor". I was climbing up and down make-shift stairs in a house on the railroads, making my way through flooded roads, and cooking food in cans over a fire. I know what you're thinking..."Sister calica...that doesn't sound safe at all" but no worries everyone, no missionaries were harmed in the making. 

This computer shop isn't letting me send any pictures though...agh so i'll just send the proof next week. 

But MAN, mahallies, I've seen so many blessings this week. I was able to go to our last zone conference with President and Sister Tye, and heard so many people share their testimonies. It was amazing to hear how much people grow, being away for only 18 months or 2 years. Like them, in the time I've been away, I've learned so much about relationships, and the importance of nurturing them.

LOVE IS SPELLED T-I-M-E
More often than not, we only make time for the people that actually MATTER is when something tragic happens and reminds us of their importance, or when we're running out of time. Sometimes, even if the intent is good, people forget the importance of doing the little things for their loved ones. Even parents, with the intent to provide for their kids, forget that, although their children's physical needs are provided for, their emotional needs are starving. Don't wait until it's too late to develop a foundation of love and respect for your family members - you can't just expect it to be done in a day, or when you're on your death bed. 

So since Father's day is coming up, I'd like to invite you all to spend a little time with him and remind him of your love for him. I'm so grateful for both my earthly father, and the sacrifices he's made for me. And for my Heavenly Father, as well. For those of you who may or may not have a father figure, don't forget that we are all His Children, and He loves us. He cares for us. He hasn't forgotten us, so hopefully we never forget Him. Our parents aren't ATM machines. We can't expect our Father to give his best gifts to strangers. Say a prayer of thanks, and make your relationships stronger. 

I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to strengthen my relationship with all of you, and especially with my Heavenly Father, with my Savior, Jesus Christ, and with the Holy Ghost. I love you and I'm praying for you always!

All the love from the Phils, 
Inline image 1

  



No comments:

Post a Comment