Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day, Mahallies!


Happy Father's Day to all of you! I'm so grateful for my father and for the love and support he's given me as I've been out here. I've learned so much from him, and have leaned so much on him thoughout my life...I couldn't be more blessed. 

So today I found out that my favorite Kabahay (housemate), Sister McBride, is transferring to a different area. It's one of the hardest parts of being a missionary - the constant goodbyes. But at the same time, I know that she'll do well in her new area, so I'm extremely excited for her! We've been celebrating our last couple nights together as kabahays by having an egg fight and by a russian roulette styled buffet ahaha, so it's been a blast. 

This last week has been full of ups and downs. Our baptism didn't end up going through, which was really hard to accept, but I know that Heavenly Father has a reason for everything He does.

 "It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life’s story will develop." - Dieter F. Uchdorf

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2010/05/your-happily-ever-after?lang=eng

No matter what has come about in your life, choose to be close to God. Do not make decisions based on circumstance - make them based on eternal truths. 

I hope and pray that all of you continue to remember the love you've felt and the blessings you've received, rather than the hardships put in your way. Your decisions determine your destiny, so decide now to make your life one worth living. 

Love you all, 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment