Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentines Day, Mahallies!

Happy Valentines Day/Araw ng mga puso/Singles awareness day everyone! I hope all of you couples are enjoying spending time with your significant other....and all you singles are enjoying the buckets of ice cream and chick flicks and tears. LOL just kidding. Don't worry, if not having anyone on valentines day makes you sad, just remember...no one loves you any other day of the year either. HAHAHAHA JUST KIDDING YOU ARE LOVED! I LOVE YOU! YOU'RE A STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, INDEPENDENT, CHILD OF GOD!

If you were wondering how my valentines day went....someone referred to me as "honey calica" and one of my investigator(person i'm teaching)'s friends called me cute and tried to lay the moves on my by asking me for a kiss. He's nine. hahaha
But really, I've seen God's love so prevalent in my life this week. The tender mercies he sends never ceases to astound me. One of our tricycle drivers stopped us on the road to give us a ride home after a long day, and gave us a TON of mangoes he said he'd picked for us. He gave me and my companion the opportunity to sing for an older bed-ridden woman to provide her with a little comfort, and she was so grateful, she could hardly speak, but kept thanking us with every little breath she had in her old body. My companion was down to 20 pesos, and was pretty sure we would have to walk all the way home...but 2 tricycle drivers in a row gave us free rides without us asking. Our investigators were busy, so we ended up having to knock doors and he provided us with people who were so ready and willing to accept the gospel - they accepted a baptismal date in March! There are SO many blessings He's given me - i cannot deny His love.

He's provided me, and so many of you, with opportunities to be happy. Too often in life, we're quick to look over those opportunities and blessings, and choose to focus on how much we lack or base our happiness on comparison of other's. But it's just another temptation. "The temptation is to focus on the trials we are facing instead of on the savior and our testimony of truth."

How selfish it is, to assume that God hasn't blessed you with enough to be happy. Or to be ungrateful enough to ONLY focus on the one thing that's wrong rather than the million things that are going right in our lives. If you feel there really is a void, I'd like to challenge you to reevaluate who and what you're filling your life with, and if it's really good for you. "We cannot achieve lasting happiness by pursuing the wrong things. You can never get enough of what you don't need, because what you don't need won't satisfy you." 

But seek good things, and seek to see the good in others. Reflect a Christlike love, and try to see others as children of God. Maybe then, you'd find a little more patience within yourself for the bad driver or the waiter who got your order wrong. or for yourself. Knowing who you are changes what you do.
The most important people in this whole galaxy(and beyond) love and care for you. And they know you by name. They know every single problem and struggle you've ever been through in your life. the Holy Ghost loves you enough to comfort you and guide you when you're feeling lost. Jesus Christ loves you so much, He suffered for every sin and pain we'd ever feel, so we'd never have to go through anything alone. Heavenly Father loves you so much, he created a plan for you to return to him, and gave us His only begotten Son.
I know that you're special, and that you're loved, so please be happy because there are SO many beautiful blessings you've been given!
 I love you, and I pray for you always.
Happy Valentines, Mahallies 😘
- Sister Calica
Here's a pic of me stuffing my face, a couple of the cute little kids in my ward eating valentines donuts, and the young women 💟





No comments:

Post a Comment