Thursday, February 23, 2017

Happy V

Hey Mahallies. We're reaching the end of this transfer, and next week, I'll get to know if I stay or if I go! I love golden city - I've officially hit my 6 months here, and it's been the best 6 months ever. I've been so blessed to be surrounded by people who are ready for the gospel, and a ward that is so supportive of the work! 

I just wanted to share a few of the tender mercies I experienced this week.

Last Saturday was Brother Bringas's birthday. We had gone to his house to wish him a great one...but he wasn't home. We ended up being punted appointment after appointment - even our most dependable investigators didn't have time for a lesson/weren't home! I couldn't figure out why - until we knocked into Brother Bringas selling lugaw. We ran to him singing happy birthday, and he started crying! He doesn't have very much family, and I'm almost sure no one greeted him except for us...so although we were punted the entire day, it was a blessing for me to be used as a tender mercy in God's hands, to show a child of God that his Heavenly Father remembers him individually. 

Sister Elijah got to go to church for the 2nd time, and she's committed to come every week from now on! She's growing so much in her testimony, I'm so blessed to see how much she's been growing. Rom has been working with us a lot more as well - I can tell that his testimony is growing as well, because he's so willing to share it with those around him. He finally attended the sunday school class, and loved it!

I'm grateful for all of you, and hope that you continue to seek ways to be an instrument in spreading God's love for his children. Seek service, and pray for opportunities to help others! The best way to find happiness is to focus on helping others gain it first. 

Love you all! 

Sister Calica

No comments:

Post a Comment