Thursday, April 14, 2016

April General Conference "Life is to be learned Backwards, but lived forward"

Miss na miss ko kayo, Mahallies! 

This week was general conference, and let me just say, the spirit really did guide the speakers to say what needed to be heard. So for those of you that don't know, every year in April and October, our church has a general conference, where we hear the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak, along with a ton of other apostles and leaders. 

One talk that I really loved was "I am a child of God"

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/i-am-a-child-of-god?lang=eng&cid=email-shared

Instead of sharing my insight with you about it immediately, I wanted to invite you to please give it a listen, because the message it conveys resonated with me deeply, and i know, if you listen with a true desire to grow spiritually and find guidance, it will do the same for you. Listen, and write down the way you feel about his message (not just what he says, but what you think about and how it applies to your life), and email it to me, because I'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn from all of you!  

I have a stong testimony about the truth of this gospel, and even more about the reality of Jesus Christ and his love for each and every one of us. Remember who you are. You are a child of God. Do everything in your power to be who God envisioned you to be. Strive to improve. "Life is to be learned backwards, but lived forward." Don't let the mistakes you've made in the past discourage you from being better, because people are NOT defined by only their biggest mistake. We are loved, flaws and all, by an ever-loving and ever-forgiving Father in Heaven. I know that this is true, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you & know that God is with you, and the angels are round about you always.

- Sister Calica


No comments:

Post a Comment