Monday, January 18, 2016

7th week in the motherland

KAMUSTA MAHALLIES 😘


So this last week on the field has been pretty amazing for me. I honestly couldn't be happier with my new companion. Her name's Sister Livermore, and she's from Pocatello, Idaho! She has THE BEST sense of humor and is by far the hardest working missionary I've ever seen. She's been out on the field for 6 months, and her tagalog is awesome! (which is great because I got the looks of a filipino, and she's got the sound of one, so if you add us together, we make one whole filipino person!) hahaha no but really, I've never had more fun, because even though she speaks english, we practice speaking more tagalog than I ever did with my past trainer. She is extremely caring and considerate, agh. you guys. She's lovely, i wish you could all meet her (which, maybe, you actually can bc she's from the states ahhahaha). Since I'm still pretty new and only know a handful of people and she doesn't know this area at all, we're basically shotgunning (aka putting two new missionaries in a new area) but we've been working really diligently and building from the ground up. I've never went to bed more tired - but at the same time, i've never slept better because I know at the end of the day, I've put my all into the work.

It's been really spiritually uplifting teaching with her and learning from her. This week, I'd been focusing on the power of trusting God and prayer. I was scared out of my mind to get an american trainer, but He really does know best, because she's exactly what I need. Prayer really is a source of communication with God. Isn't it funny that our all powerful heavenly father asks us to pray and speak with Him? WHY would He waste the time to send us all sorts of commandments and scriptures about speaking with Him if He didn't care to listen? He's our FATHER. That's the point. He cares about us and what we need. But, he isn't just a repair man. If we're only praying as our last option...then it's out of completely selfish motives. Pray always, because how else are you going to get through this maze of life without instructions from He who can see the answer from above? 

haha it's super simple too. All you do is bow your head, close your eyes, and talk to God by saying "Dear Heavenly Father, express thanks for the blessings you've gotten, request for the blessings/counsel you need, and close by saying "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" and then wait and listen. and if no answer comes right away, then just be aware that answers don't always come in the way we expect or at the most convenient time for us. It might not be the answer we want, but it will always be the answer we need. "The purpose of prayer isn't to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others the blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that we must ask for in order to obtain." 

In difficult situations, lots of times, we'll pray for others hearts to change. That they may be kinder or be more understanding towards us...but I've realized in this last week, that we also have to pray for change in ourselves. Because in reality, there's nothing we can do to force change upon others, but we always have the ability to change our own ways to understand what other's need or what we can do to make the situation better. 

Anyways, I love you guys a ton, and I really do pray for you every day. It isn't just a cool phrase all the kids on the streets are using nowadays - i mean it. hahaha you all mean so much to me, and I hope you're doing your best out there. 

Anyways, here's a couple pictures so you don't forget my face xoxo gossipgirl 

So you can put names to the faces: My last picture with my old trainer (Sister Pacquiao), My last meal with my old housemates (Sister Pac, Sister Fa'aoa, Sister Silbasa), Elder Wu(my canadian batchmate), Elder Lim, Elder Utai(who has an amazing voice - look him up on youtube ya'll), Elder Aguinaldo, My new Kabahays (Sister Silbasa, Sister Livermore, Sister Leon), and a picture with my new trainer(Sister Livermore)! 

Hope to hear from you soon! 

love ya peeps,

Sister Calica










No comments:

Post a Comment